The Pocono Mountains are a beautiful and festive place to celebrate Hanukkah.
With their snow-capped peaks, cozy cabins, and abundance of activities, there’s something for everyone to enjoy. Whether you’re looking for a traditional Hanukkah celebration or a more unique experience, the Poconos have you covered.
Here are a few of the best places to celebrate Hanukkah in the Pocono Mountains:
Skytop Lodge: This historic lodge offers a variety of Hanukkah-themed activities, including menorah lightings, dreidel tournaments, and latke-making classes. You can also enjoy the lodge’s many other amenities, such as its indoor and outdoor pools, spa, and multiple restaurants.
Great Wolf Lodge: This family-friendly resort is a great place to celebrate Hanukkah with kids. In addition to its water park, arcade, and other activities, Great Wolf Lodge also offers Hanukkah-themed events throughout the season. For example, kids can make their own menorahs and dreidels, and there are nightly menorah lightings with live music.
Kalahari Resorts: This indoor water park resort is another great option for families with kids. During Hanukkah, Kalahari Resorts hosts a variety of special events, including menorah lightings, dreidel tournaments, and sufganiyot (jelly doughnut) tastings. There’s also a Hanukkah-themed scavenger hunt and a special Hanukkah buffet at the resort’s restaurant.
Camelbeach Lodge & Aquatopia Indoor Waterpark: This resort offers something for everyone, including an indoor water park, arcade, and multiple restaurants. During Hanukkah, Camelbeach Lodge hosts a variety of special events, such as menorah lightings, dreidel tournaments, and sufganiyot tastings. There’s also a Hanukkah-themed laser tag game and a special Hanukkah storytime for kids.
The Lodge at Woodloch: This luxury resort offers a variety of Hanukkah-themed activities, including menorah lightings, dreidel tournaments, and latke-making classes. You can also enjoy the lodge’s many other amenities, such as its spa, multiple restaurants, and stunning views of the Pocono Mountains.
Good read about Stamford’s Culinary Delights: A Food Lover’s Paradise
In addition to these specific resorts, there are also a number of other places to celebrate Hanukkah in the Pocono Mountains:
- Synagogues: Many of the area’s synagogues host special events during the holiday season. For example, you can attend a Hanukkah service, participate in a menorah lighting ceremony, or enjoy a Hanukkah-themed potluck dinner.
- Attractions: Some of the Poconos’ many attractions also offer Hanukkah-themed activities. For example, Camelback Mountain hosts a Hanukkah on the Mountain event, which features menorah lightings, dreidel tournaments, and live music. Mount Airy Casino Resort also hosts a variety of Hanukkah-themed events, such as menorah lightings, concerts, and comedy shows.
- Restaurants: A number of restaurants in the Poconos also offer Hanukkah-themed menus. For example, you can enjoy a traditional Hanukkah meal at one of the many kosher restaurants in the area. Or, you can try a more unique Hanukkah-inspired dish at one of the many fusion restaurants in the Poconos.
No matter where you choose to celebrate Hanukkah in the Pocono Mountains, you’re sure to have a festive and memorable time.
Here are a few additional tips for planning your Hanukkah getaway to the Poconos:
- Book your accommodations early, especially if you’re traveling during the peak holiday season.
- Pack for all types of weather, as the Poconos can be unpredictable in the winter.
- Be sure to bring your own menorah and other Hanukkah supplies, as they may be difficult to find in the area.
- Check the websites of the resorts and attractions you plan to visit to see if they have any special Hanukkah events scheduled.
Here are a few ideas for Hanukkah activities that you can enjoy in the Poconos:
- Go skiing or snowboarding at one of the Poconos’ many ski resorts.
- Take a horse-drawn carriage ride through the snow-covered Pocono Mountains.
- Visit a local Christmas tree farm and pick out your own tree.
- Go ice skating at one of the Poconos’ many outdoor ice rinks.
- Visit the Pocono Mountains Visitors Center to learn more about the area’s history and culture.
- Enjoy a Hanukkah meal at one of the Poconos’ many kosher restaurants.